Grade 11- My Goal My Ambition

 Future Goals?

Hello, long time no see, here i want to tell you about what my goals and dream for my future.

 It's quite complicated these days, to pin point on what i want to be in the future, with online school, pandemic and being on grade 11 had made a lot of pressure on me. My sister always says starting from grade 10 i should try to research about my future goals, like what collage do you want to go? what major? where? what are you gonna do in the future? what will you be in the future? and all of those question. But I have only started searching recently.  Adding to that my parents also have been really relying on me on what i want to be in the future.

I have made a little list on what i have been searching these pass few days and more information in still coming. Some goals that i have set my heart and mind is that in the future want to be an illustrator, i want to create art that can connects to other people. A rough plan-things that i want to do to achieve that i want to study aboard for collage. I will work my hardest to find myself a scholarship, but if this plan is not for me yet, i will still try to go to the best university here in Bandung and that is ITB. From my research and my sister friends story, ITB is the best university if i want to pursue art in Indonesia and a lot of artist that i follow on IG also graduated there. I have a strong willing to want to study there and if possible i want to get there by SNMPTN or Invitation route. After graduating in here, i still want to try to go aboard for my second degree because i always get a lot of advice that" if you want to pursue art as your future career, it is better if you go aboard" and i also wanted to start a new life in another country. 

Those are mainly what i want to do for my future goals. My parent sometimes still pressured me to do their goals, work for the government and have real job, in which it hurts me but they said that because they never had someone in the family that wants to pursue art, it's a first time for them and so i want to prove them that i can be successful in this path. With that they started to believe in me, supports my decision and they even told me to make an art book or stickers. But i am still afraid to do so , i don't why and i haven't made a lot of art ever since UN in middle school , i've been on a hiatus. 

Lately i have been trying to "find" my art again, i have been joining webinar left and right talking about art, learning about art again, doing live demo, find motivation and inspiration. Doing this really is an eye opening. A lot of times i am not satisfied with my art until one quote reminded me 

" Drawing is a Process, a Journey and the artwork is the product "

art takes time just like life, i've been really in hurry to chase a lot of things until i forgot to enjoy the process. It is scary as a high schooler i already having this big dreams. From what i have written it seem really packed, it does and really i am just adding more pressure on myself unintentionally, i need to remind my self to not be in such a hurry, i need to take care of my mental health too. 

To myself, i am looking forward for the future, thank you for your hard work, your work will pay off someday, please take care of yourself, enjoy every process in life, stay focus and believe in your self. Like this quote from a song  

"Just keep calm and carry on. 

Just take it slow, One day at a time " 

End. 

Comments

Popular Posts